Ingredients:
1 German Chocolate Cake
4-6 Candy bars (the kind with nuts and caramel, my kids don't like nuts, so we got Milkyways).
3/4 cup Milk chocolate chocolate chips
Whipped Cream or Ice Cream
Mix the cake according to the package directions. Pour half of the batter into dutch oven. Cook for 15 minutes using 8 coals on the bottom and 16 on the top. While that is cooking cut the candy bars into large pieces, I cut them into fifths which worked pretty well. I put my candy bars in the fridge the day before I made the cake, it makes cutting them much easier. When 15 minutes is up, place the candy bars and chocolate chips gently onto the bottom layer of cake, trying not to break the bottom crust (I had no problem with this), then finish pouring the batter on the top. Let it cook for 25-35 minutes, rotating the top and the bottom a couple of times while cooking. I cooked mine for 35 minutes, then pulled the dutch oven off the bottom coals and added those to the top. I then just let it sit for about 45 minutes while I ran an errand, this was mostly just keeping the cake warm while I was gone. We had it with ice cream and it was very good, I think I'll be making this while we are camping this year!!
Here are a couple of pictures of what mine looked like.
| This is the size that I cut my candy bars. I would use 6 candy bars. |
| Adding the candy bars and choco. chips, and not even breaking the bottom cake. |
| Finished product. |
No comments:
Post a Comment