Saturday, January 5, 2013

1st trip of 2013

Since many of us got fishing gear of some sort for Christmas and we all wanted to use it, we decided we would take the 1st Saturday in January to go fishing, which also happened to be Jaime's birthday. I know it always thrills him to death when I say we should go fishing, okay I'm being sarcastic, sometimes I think he just glares at me when I say that, mostly because he seems to spend most of his time fixing someones line, getting something untangled and if we are lucky getting my fish off the hook, but he is always so great to just do it!! I thought of everything for this trip, I planned where to go, boiled water and put into a thermos so we could have hot chocolate while we were there, made Jaime pack a heater and we even packed our chairs. We decided to get all the fishing poles ready to go before we left home, it was about 15 degrees outside and we wanted to get them ready in the warm house. We headed out and as we got closer to the area we were hoping to fish at, we noticed that unless we wanted to be ice fishing, we wouldn't be fishing at all. So we found a place, pulled over and had our hot chocolate and cookies and the kids enjoyed throwing rocks onto the ice and watching the rocks break. We didn't get to fish, but we enjoyed the drive and Ben has already asked if we can go back to that area to go fishing. I can't wait for it to warm up just a little bit so that we can go back out and do some fishing. Here are the pictures I was able to take, I only took a few because it was really cold and my hands were cold.
Brooke drinking her hot chocolate

Taking time for a picture

Ben enjoyed my hot chocolate, he forgot his cup.

I had to get a picture of all the kids. Look at the frozen river, isn't it pretty??

No comments: