I have always hated setting resolutions for the new year, I always seem to start off really well, but by March it all seems to fall apart. This year we decided to try something different, we told the kids to think of some resolutions that they wanted the family to do this year. They loved being able to have a say in what they think we should do as a family. On new years eve, before we started playing our games for the evening we sat down and went over what everyone thought our family resolutions should be.
Here are the resolutions the kids all came up with: go to roaring springs, not as many hikes, less geocaching, hike to Dutch Flat again, bike riding, go fishing more, more hiking, hide and find more caches, family play the ps2. Then here are the resolutions Jaime and I came up with: Family dinner at the table more, new hikes, go to Jump creek falls, more fishing, more regular FHE, finish the Book of Mormon, finish the computer room.
So in order to make it fair, we decided to vote on the resolutions for the family. So for the year 2013 here are the news years resolutions for our family: Family dinner at the table more, more regular FHE, finish the Book of Mormon, finish the computer room, go fishing more and go on more hikes. The best part about having the whole family involved in this decision is that the kids really keep us on track of what our goals are. Yesterday we made breakfast in bed for Jaime for his birthday, so I decided I would join him so he didn't have to eat by himself, not 5 minutes later Brooke came down and told us we were supposed to be eating at the table. I had to explain to her that when we make breakfast in bed, it means we eat it in bed, but she had to eat at the table because I wasn't going to let her eat in my bed.
I know Kylee wasn't too excited about the new goals, because she was the one that doesn't want to go hiking as much or go caching as much, but she got out voted. As much as she says she doesn't like doing that stuff, she always comes away with memories of time spent with her family.
So now as we work on planning our year of activities, I am looking for some new places to go hiking, I want to do some more day hikes that aren't too terribly far from home, so if anyone knows of a good place to go or hears of good places to go please let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment