Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend 2012

Usually I like to take a day over the Labor Day weekend and go hiking, but after last years 8 mile hike, my family decided they didn't want to hike this year. So we all decided it would be fun just to go geocaching and fishing. So on Saturday we loaded up the canoe and went up to Bully Creek and did some fishing, well some of us went fishing, Ben and Brooke decided they just wanted to stay on shore and play in the water. We had a lot of fun fishing, we caught a bunch of Crappie, but they weren't big enough to keep, so we threw them back.

Taking the canoe to the water.

Dirty face and I mean DIRTY
Sunday Jaime's sister came over, so we spent the day playing with them and just relaxing. Monday we decided to take a little trip, we went to Succor creek, then over to Leslie gulch and then to the upper end of the Owyhee lake. Of course I can't go on a trip of any kind without finding some caches and this was no different, I loaded up the gps's with caches so we did some caching as we drove and enjoyed the scenery. Once we got to the lake we fished for about 3 hours and all we caught were some Crappie that were about 3 inches long, but we had fun catching them. Jaime did catch a nice catfish. The trip home consisted of just a little more caching, but we ended up not finding them, mostly because they required a pretty good hike and it was hot and we didn't have much water left, so we decided to play it safe, but we had a great day. In fact Ben told us on the way home that it was a really fun labor day. It made me feel good to know that he had a fun time. I guess I must be doing something right if he had fun!! Anyway hear are a few pictures from our weekend.
1st cache stop of the morning, it was a little chilly.

Checking out the inside of the cave.

Family.

Ben climbing on one of many rocks for the day.

Brooke and me.

Another cache!!

Brooke and Dad.

We found these cool holes in the rock and had to have some fun.


Wildlife.



Ben's BIG fish!!

Fishing.


A formation I really liked.

Someone was tired.

In a cave after a steep hike.

This happened fairly early in the day. It is like hurting a member of our family, luckily I think I can get it fixed.

Last cave of the day.





No comments: