I didn't realize how busy my life would be when I had a child go into the 7th grade. Now I know if I didn't allow her to be in sports I wouldn't me this busy, but I want her to have the chance to play sports. So with that said Kylee started volleyball this year, she is on the b team(s) I say that because they have 2 b teams and she along with her best friend are the only 2 girls that play on both teams. She is loving it and is gets better for every game. The season is winding down quickly and the 7th grade tournament is on the 13th and the coach has told Kylee that she will be playing in the tournament with the a team. Needless to say she is very excited. I'm hoping to get a break after volleyball, but I have a sinking feeling that basketball will be starting right after volleyball is over, but that is alright because I absolutely LOVE basketball, it is a sport I could actually help her with.
 |
| She is number 18, closest player in the picture. |
 |
| Getting ready to serve, I know the picture isn't great, but it is what I had. |
Ben is settling into 4th grade, he loves his teacher and he loves being with all of his friends again. He is still busy with cub scouts and for the last couple of weekends he has been helping his Dad try to find some bucks to shoot at!! I was able to join in the fun yesterday (thanks mom for watching Brooke) and it was fun to watch Ben scope out the deer and then for Jaime to actually get it. The sad part was I couldn't see it until he had shot it twice and it was stumbling down the hill to us. I guess it is a good thing we don't rely on me to see the deer!! Ben was quite proud of the deer and he can't wait till he can go hunting with his own gun, luckily that is a few years away from now!!
 |
| I love this picture of Jaime and Ben working together. |
Brooke loves school, she has made some friend and loves to go to Kylee's volleyball games just so she can see her friends. She loves her teacher and always has a story to tell about something that happened at school. Her best friend is a boy and she seems to enjoy playing with the boys at school. I think her worst day of school so far was picture day and that is because I made her let me curl her hair for pictures, she wasn't very happy with me.
 |
| Hair is all done!! |
 |
| She HATES is, she must be related to me!! |
I'd like to say I can't wait for things to calm down so that I'm not so busy anymore, I really enjoy watching my kids grow up and participate in the things they love. I was with my Dad and Brooke at a volleyball game in Homedale the other day and while Brooke we were there, she looked at me and asked me a question I thought I'd never hear. She said Mom, when I'm bigger like Kylee and I'm playing volleyball will you come watch me play to? I can plainly see that she knows we really support Kylee and she wants to have that same support, I did tell her yes we would come and watch her, and after I answered her, her face lit up I think she was glad to know that we would be there for her to.
1 comment:
Your fun is just beginning, but it is worth it!!!!!!1
Post a Comment