We finally were able to get away and go camping, we have been chomping at the bit to get away and we were finally able to. We had the opportunity to go with Clayton and Margaret (Jaime's parents) and Perry and Connie (Jaime's uncle and aunt). They were all planning on leaving Thursday morning and they convinced me to come up early with them and then Jaime would drive up when he got off on Friday, I totally LOVED doing this, not that I wanted to go without Jaime, but it was just nice to get away earlier in the week and have more time to play in the hills. As soon as we were all set up (thanks to Clayton and Perry for helping me), the kids headed straight for the creek, I think they went swimming and Kylee went fishing. Once they tired out from fishing Ben, Brooke and I went for a bike ride, I thought Brooke was getting good at keeping up with us, but man she took forever on the trails up there, but we still had fun.
Friday was more of the same, only this time I took Ben and hopped in the creek to go fishing and I did pretty good, next time I'll take Kylee, she knows how to get the hooks out of the fish. In the evening after Jaime arrived, he and I took off to find spots to hide my new cache, I always love looking for places to hide caches because it takes me places that I never would have gone to. We found what we thought were some great spots to get them planted, marked the waypoints and headed back to camp. Shortly after getting back the Pearson's arrived!! The Pearson's are a family in our ward that we have a lot of fun with and we had a lot of fun with them this weekend.
Saturday Jaime and I went and hid our first multi-cache (a cache that takes you to a few places before you find the big one) and we are pretty excited about it. I have had a lot of fun hiding them and I really hope others enjoy finding them. After we hid it we gave the coordinates to Perry and Connie and Clayton and Margaret so they could go try it out and while they were doing that, we taught the Pearson's how to geocache (they had never done it), I think they had a good time. Later that evening, after more fishing, bike riding, napping and geocaching, the Pearson's taught us how to play "kick the can." Let me just say we had a blast and I'm sure this will be one of the new games we play everytime we go camping.
Sunday is always a sad day...we have to come home. I always hate coming home, we enjoy the mountains so much, it is so peaceful and quiet and technology free. We let the kids take one last bike ride and then headed out. Just after Unity, Jaime had a tire shred on the trailer, so we had to take a little time to fix it, but then we were back on the road and headed home. I always hate getting home, it is always so HOT, but I will admit I do enjoy a nice shower and a flushing toilet!! So until our next adventure enjoy some pictures.
 |
| Puzzles with grandpa. |
 |
| Our true fisherman. |
 |
| Bike ride. |
 |
| Brooke trout...he was proud. |
 |
| geocaching |
 |
| still geocaching |
 |
| flat tire |
 |
| Lots of help or spectators |
 |
The tire man.
|
1 comment:
Looks like and sounds like you had a good time. Of course you always do. I am getting excited for our camping trip as well. I look forward to it right after we get home every year. I would love to get away a few more times each year, maybe next year.
Post a Comment