So this last school year nothing was really ever mentioned of doing it again, some of us para's talked about it a little bit and actually went out and found real geocaches. Then close to the end of the school year one teacher remembered what we had done and was gung ho to do it again. Thank goodness I had saved everything from the year before. So we set out and did it all again this year, and of course the kids had a great time. The only downfall was that this year lots of other kids and teachers wanted to do it, but we just didn't have the time or the resources, so lucky for me I was off the hook! Well after we were done with all the classes, one of the para's decided that we needed to get a grant and get some gps's for our school. This really shocked me, they want to keep doing stuff with gps's, but don't want to have to borrow them from people.
Here are a few pictures of caching at school, the kids really had a great time.
So we did some research and at the end of the year the principal came to us and told us she knew of a pretty sure thing, told us to figure out what we need, get some estimates and send her a paragraph. Well our grant was accepted, so now we will be getting all new gps's for our school.
So now back to the reason for this post, like I said I think I am a quiet person and I definitely don't like stepping out of my comfort zone, well through this whole process I have had to call and talk with people that I don't know and ask them for help (I don't like asking for things). The people I have talked with have been wonderful (or at least the ones that are willing to help us) and they are very excited for the new opportunity for our school.
So now I have been told that when all the teachers come back the principal wants to do a geocaching activity with all the teachers. Yet again I am going to be stepping out of my comfort zone, I have been told that I have to decided which caches that each team is going to find, then set out some caches just for our staff, plus I have a feeling I'm going to have to teach our teachers how to use the gps. Let's just say I'm a little stressed.
I started thinking to things in my life that I have had to do to step out of my comfort zone, one of the big things was going to girls camp without my husband, he is always the one to do all the lifting, he always starts the camp chef and just takes care of the things that I don't want to. Well I didn't have him and had to learn that I could step up to the plate and do those things and guess what I did it and things went great, we ate well, we were warm and we all had a good time. Well this year for girls camp they put me in charge of 4th level which means I have to make sure everything gets to prior to and at camp. Let me just say this has been a huge project, but things are starting to fall into place and I'm really getting excited about going. So as much as I love my comfort zone (and want to go back to having my secrets) I am learning that stepping out of that zone is a good thing for me.
This week I will be stepping out of my zone again I will be towing the trailer to camp all by myself, let's just say I'm a little nervous, but I know I can do it. I can honestly say I think my comfort zone is expanding, but I'm ready for things to slow down a little bit so I can get comfortable in my new zone.
1 comment:
I'm sure you did do great towing the trailer. Of course you did have someone you were traveling with who was watching out for you. As for the gps stuff, I can't believe you are scared about that, you do good with that. I remember our family campouts that you set up a course for that. It always turns out great. As for girls camp, the girls will help if you just give them some assignments. That is what being a leader is all about, delegating your authority. You'll do good.
Post a Comment