We usually spend memorial weekend camping, but this year we decided to take a trip to Utah and do the things we are actually supposed to do on memorial weekend (visit cemetaries). Our trip started great, my parents took the girls with them which meant we just had Ben and the trip down was so nice and peaceful. Or at least it was peaceful until Jaime and I started fighting and Ben describes it, we were not fighting we were giving each other a hard time, but Ben thought it was fighting, I guess we better have a real fight so that he knows what a fight really is!!
Saturday was all planned out, we were going to have a surprise early birthday party for my dad. So we got up in the morning and were just visiting until we got a phone call and were told the party was at 1:00, well then we had to get moving, we had to run to town and then get back to do all the cooking. The party turned out great and dad was very surprised. Our neighbors (Ron and Renelle) from Stone came and all the family from Nibley came over, it was so fun to just sit and enjoy everyone's company. The weather decided to rain all day, so we were stuck in the house but it was still fun.
Sunday we went around to all the cemetaries with my parents and my Grandpa. It was fun to drive to all the cemetaries and actually see some of my relatives, I think my favorite part was seeing the beauty of the area, there are mountains everywhere and it is so pretty. On the way home from the cemetaries I had the itch to do something else....geocache! The boys really had to use the restroom and me being the mean mom I am woudn't let them go at the cemetaries and told them they had to wait till we got back to Grandpa's, well on the way home we were going by a park and guess what...yep there was a cache there, so I pulled over to find it. Those boys hopped out to help find it, but their minds were somewhere else and they kept asking if they could just go on the pole...nope!! Kylee found the cache and we went home and I tell you what those 2 boys wasted no time getting to the bathroom!! On the way back to Garland Sunday night I decided to take another side trip and the same 2 boys weren't too happy with me, but by the time we were done they were having fun and didn't want to stop. I really love my hobby, it takes me to some fun places and brings us lots of memories.
 |
|
 |
View from Avon cemetary.
|
 |
| Another view from the Avon cemetary. |
Monday we had a breakfast over at Grandpa's then at about 11:00 we headed up to the cemetary one more time to make sure that Grandma's headstone looked good. I still have a hard time believing that she is really gone. It is so hard to go to her house and not be able to walk in and see her waiting for us in her chair in the kitchen. Her headstone looked great and after a few minutes it was time to hit the road. We traveled home with my parents so we had to stop in Snowville and check the headstones where my dad's parents are buried then we were back on the road again. We hit the first rest area on the way home because it had been awhile and some people needed the break. Well while waiting for the girls in the restroom, I could hear someone (Brooke) talking in one of the stalls and she is saying I'm falling in the Grand Canyon AAAHHH. She just kept going on and on about falling in the grand canyon which she has never been to and we have never talked about it, so we don't know where it came from. It was so funny and I feel really bad for the others in the restroom, but as you know Brooke is her own person and never has a problem saying what's on her mind.
Ben has to do a scrapbook for 4th grade on a place in Idaho, so we decided to stop and the Malad State Gorge on the way home to visit. It is really a neat little place, but it can be dangerous, well my dad is afraid of heights, so he didn't enjoy it very much, especially when Brooke would get to the edge and say AAHHH I'm falling in the Grand Canyon. After exploring the area for about an hour, it was time to head home.
So that is our weekend, now we are anxiuosly awaiting our camping trips. We can't wait to get back up to the mountains.
 |
| She was worn out |
 |
| The boys finding the cache. |
 |
| Cooking Breakfast |
 |
| Kevin cooking breakfast |
 |
| Ben and Kylee |
 |
| Don't they look thrilled. |
 |
| Our family |
 |
| Dad was pretty nervous standing there!! |
 |
| Water is moving fast. |
 |
| Ben |
 |
| Waterfall. |
 |
| These three keep us going. We really do love them. |
1 comment:
It was a fun weekend and even though the girls had to stay in Nibley on Friday night, I think they enjoyed the trip. As for the Grand Canyon, I had a hard time concentrating on what I was doing at the time. Brooke really does have a way of keeping the life in any party!!!!! It was nice to visit with everyone and I hope we can go and visit the cemetaries on a regular basis (Memorial Day for one) I'm glad your family joined us, we did have some good meals and visits.
Post a Comment