Saturday, December 17, 2011

Gingerbread houses

Last year we started a new little family tradition. We made our own gingerbread houses, the kids had a great time and so we (mostly I) decided we needed to do it again this year. Well I didn't realize how quickly Christmas was creeping up on us, so I decided that today was the day to get it done. Jaime wasn't looking to forward to this because last year didn't seem to go very well, the frosting didn't taste too good and things just kept falling apart. Well this year was different, the frosting turned out really good, and everything fell into place really well. We decided to work as teams this year instead of the kids doing their own, which I think was a better choice. So we had Kylee and Brooke working together, and Ben, Jaime and I worked together. It was so fun to listen to the kids as we were building our houses, they were all talking about where the campfire was going to be. It made me laugh inside to think that my kids must love camping just as much as I do. It was also fun to listen to everyone work together, Brooke kept getting mad at Kylee because Kylee wasn't doing what Brooke told her to do. It was funny to see Kylee get upset with Brooke for doing something and then realizing it was a good idea and then helping her out. Anyway here are a few pictures of our hard work.
Just getting started.

Dad's a pro.

Brooke getting upset at Kylee.

Finishing up.

A cabin with a firepit, sidewalk and lake.

A tent with a lake, pathway, and firepit.
Oh and of course Ben can't take a normal picture.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

It's a toss up over who wins. Both of them look cute and I'm impressed with the firepit on both of them. I just wonder who had the idea first. Looks like it was fun and that is great.