Saturday, December 17, 2011

Basketball and Thanksgiving

Ben decided he wanted to play basketball this year, so we signed him up. I was a bit worried about how he would do, he always says he wants to play sports and then ends up just kind of using it for socializing purposes!! He did pretty good, you could tell that he wasn't a big fan of playing and as any other kid, he always wanted the ball so he could shoot. He did learn a lot this year, and by the end of the season, he was making me go outside and play ball with him after school. I have a feeling I'm going to be playing lots of ball this summer!!
Group shot before a game.
In true Ben fashion, he has his hands in his pockets!
Thanksgiving was wonderful as it always is. We all were missing Grandma this year, but I think we made it through really well and we all had a good time being together as a family. This year we wanted to try something new and one of the nights that everyone was here we cooked up all the fish that we caught during the summer. It was so much fun for us to go fishing this year, because we knew it would be shared with all of our family, plus we had a reason to keep the fish instead of just throwing them back like we usually do. We ended up cooking a ton of fish, I didn't realize how much fish we had actually caught, so we now know that next year we won't need quite as much fish, but we will still have a great time fishing.
Jaime and Sherrie cooking the fish, doesn't Jaime look thrilled!!

Besides eating and visiting with family for Thanksgiving weekend, we of course had to throw in some shopping. It is always interesting to see what kind of people show up for shopping during this weekend, and as always it was really crowded, but we were able to get everything we needed and we had a great time. I always love being around family for the holidays and was so happy our family all decided to come visit this year.
As soon as everyone left to go home on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, we decided to go ahead and put up the tree. The kids always love helping with the decorations and this year I sat back and just let them do what they wanted, they were so proud of what they did, so I can honestly say that this year I haven't changed a thing and I'm letting them enjoy their decorating skills.



No comments: