Alright I feel I need to write this down for myself. It is of course another one of Brooke's daily happenings only this one lasted a little longer than a day. About a week ago, Brooke was at Cindy's and they were peeling potatoes. Brooke looked up at Cindy and very seriously asked her "What can I get the Savior for Christmas?" Brooke then said he has lots of things, he has the trees, us, houses, he has everything so what do you get someone that has everything? Well Cindy being the wonderful person she is told her she could be good, read her scriptures, obey her parents, go to church and help her parents out at home. She didn't like the last comment because she told Cindy she doesn't like to help her parents because her home's not as fun as Cindy's house. Well Cindy told her to pretend she was at Cindy's house and help out, Brooke agreed to that.
Well later that night I was talking to her about it and asked her if she knew what she wanted to get him, and she had decided and said she wanted to get him a blanket because she knew he would be cold in the manger. So on Saturday I took her and let her buy a blanket for the Savior, (of course it she had to get a camo one) she was so excited to be able to spend her own money on the Savior. After we got home I was talking to my Aunt about it and I was trying to figure out what to do at this point and how to really teach Brooke. Well my Aunt brought up the scripture in D&C where it says "inasmuch as ye do it unto the least of these, ye do it unto me." Well that helped me out, so I went to talk to Brooke and guess where I found her...she had opened it up and was curled up in it. So I looked at her and asked what she was doing, and before she answered I added don't you know that blanket is a present?? So she quickly replied, "I know mom, but I was trying it out to make sure it would be warm enough." Man she thinks quick!! So I asked her if it was warm enough and she said it was perfect. So I started talking to her about what we were going to do with it because the Savior wasn't going to come to our house and get it, and I asked her if she knew of someone who might need it. She couldn't think of anyone and I had already talked to Cindy about a certain person and Cindy thought it was the perfect person. So I mentioned this persons name and Brooke agreed quickly and then wanted to hurry and get it wrapped.
Well today we let her take her gift to Cindy's so they could deliver it. Brooke could hardly wait to take it over to her and when she was finally able to, they got there and she wasn't home, which broke her heart. Well a little later they went back over and sure enough she was home, Brooke gave it to her and told her the Savior told her to give it to her. Well the lady was very happy with it and said it was perfect for her to curl up and read her books with. It just made Brooke's day to see her so happy.
I am always amazed at what Brooke comes up with, most of the time she is just a funny 4 year old little girl, but then there are other times where she is setting the example for me. I just hope she keeps this spirit with her for the rest of her life.
2 comments:
Pretty awesome!! You're a great mother too!
She is amazing. That story reminds of something her namesake would do.
Post a Comment