Since Jaime spent the last 2 weekends hunting and I wasn't able to go this year, I was dying to get out of the house and go do something. Well a couple of weeks ago a cache in the Manns Creek area was put online and in this cache they had a prize for the FTF (First to Find). Well that did it, I wanted the FTF prize and I wanted it bad!! So I watched the cache for 2 weeks and I decided we were going to make the trip and get it. Hunting season for Idaho is in full swing, so I had to make sure and pick caches that weren't going to require much hiking, just because I didn't want to be mistaken for a deer, so we found a few caches and I got my FTF prize!! The prize was a travel bug tag, so I am excited to pick something to send traveling and then place it, but I'm sure it will be a few days before I get it done.
We only spent a couple hours in the mountains because we got a late start and we had to be back for a wedding reception, but the colors were beautiful as the leaves were starting to change and just the smell of the mountains really makes me wish we could have stayed longer. I am officially ready for summer now, just so we can go camping again!!
 |
Ben trying to beat us to the cache...he had to come down and go up a different way, and I beat him.
|
 |
Brooke following Ben, she had to have help down because she got scared.
|
 |
Found the cache and look how pretty it is there.
|
 |
| A view of the car from the location of the cache. |
 |
| I just love pretty views and wanted a good pic of the kids here, but you see what I got. I don't know what is with Brooke and her peace sign, but she seems to do it everytime I try and take a picture. |
 |
| Ben and I went for a little hike and he wanted a picture of him with the view behind him. |
 |
| Brooke |
 |
I really liked this view, but for some reason the kids didn't cooperate very well...or at least Brooke didn't cooperate.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment