Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring Break 2011

Usually for spring break I don't plan to do anything, but this year I decided I wanted to finish the family room, which meant I had a lot to do, the first thing we did was spent a day getting it textured so that I could paint. Then on Monday the painting began, I had lots of help, all three of the kids decided they wanted to help and I'm not the type of person to turn down help...so as we are painting Brooke is talking (as always) and comes up with a name for them, she called them the "super hero painters" it was kind of funny and they went by that name for the whole 2 days we were painting. We were able to get 3 walls finished on Monday, which meant that on Tuesday we only had one more wall to paint, which also meant we had to take down and find a place for the tv,VCR, DVD player and the WII. After we figured all this out we were able to get right to work, Tuesday's painting didn't last near as long as Monday's, I'm sure it helped that we only had one wall to paint instead of 3.
After the painting was done we decided to go outside and start pruning the trees, we were able to finish 3 trees before we were totally worn out, so on Wednesday morning we went out and finished pruning the other 2 trees and then get all the limbs loaded in the truck. It was quite the busy 3 days, but we had a lot of fun. We didn't quite get everything finished in the family room, we have just a little more trim to do and then I need to get my decorations put up, so hopefully sometime throughout the week we will be able to finish.
Needless to say spring break flew by this year, I feel sad that we didn't do anything great and fun, but we had fun spending some time together and getting a couple of projects done. I am however ready for some warm weather, I'm really tired of the rain and can't wait to get out and do some caching!!
Here are a few before pictures.

This is the wall the tv is on, we covered it so we wouldn't get texture all over it.

Working hard




The super hero painters!!
Here are some after pics.

We think it looks much better and can't wait to get the decorations all up.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I am excited to see it all after the decorations are up. The painting really does look nice. Great job!!!!!!! Super hero painters.