Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Ben!!

Ben has finally reached another year...he is 8 now and I can hardly believe it. He was our problem baby or at least that is what I like to call him. He spent the first 6 months of his life spitting up and it was horrible for everyone involved. His first actual nickname was "spits" because that is all he did. He has come full circle since then and has turned into a great boy, he always has a smile and is always ready to tease someone. He loves to fish, ride his bike and go camping.

We usually spend his birthday in Utah so to be able to stay home this year was kind of strange for all of us, but we have had a great day. We went shopping for the food he wanted for dinner, which was pop-tarts, mashed potatoes and gravy, orange jello, pop and corndogs, I know the food of champions, but at least I didn't have to beg him to eat tonight. Then we spent the rest of the day not doing much until everyone got home from work, then we had cake and ice cream and opened some gifts.
A real hiking stick!
The monster truck wii game he was dying to get.
Fishing gear.
Birthday dinner...yummy!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Who made the cake? He was very proud of all of his gifts. I suppose one meal like that won't hurt as long as you don't eat it very often. I agree it doesn't seem like he should be 8 already.

hotwheels_mama said...

Him turning 8 means AJ will be 8 soon. They are not supposed to be that old yet!

It was so much fun to borrow him and take him to the movie today :)