February 18th was one of the worst days of my life. Everything was going well, until I received a phone call from my sister (who had gone to Utah on a mini-vacation) telling me that the ambulance was at grandma's house and they had been doing cpr and had her intibated trying to keep her alive. I was shocked and was thinking she would be just fine, after all she wasn't sick at all. However about an hour later I received word that she had died, they did everything they could to save her, but it didn't work. They decided that a blood clot had gone to her heart. As Friday evening ended and Saturday morning came I was really hurt. I kept hoping that they were wrong and that they really were able to save her, so I guess I was in denial. Then I became angry wanting to know why, I still needed her and I didn't want to live without her, then after I cried for about 2 days I came to a realization that she is gone and that I would be able to go on. We traveled to Utah to her funeral and be with family, it was really hard to say goodbye, but I know she is in a better place and that she is without pain.
So I have now been thinking of the memories I have of my grandma, and there are so many, but one of the things I'm going to miss most about her is calling her and hearing her voice saying Yello. Her voice was always so great to hear and I always had fun talking to her on the phone even though she would fall asleep while we were talking. She always loved to hear my stories about Brooke and would always share them with the family. She was my rock, she always kept me going and I thought she would be with me forever. I miss her dearly, but am so thankful for the all memories I have of her and for the knowledge we have of eternal life so that I will be able to be with her again.
Luana (Till) Berry Anderson
4 generation picture.
The family Jeff, Kris, Grandpa, Mom (Kathy) and Kevin.
1 comment:
Jen that was a really nice post. I agree with you that I still need her and knowing she is in a much better place helps to be able to deal with it. Thanks for your support at the funeral and also thanks for dinner today.
Post a Comment