Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years Eve 2010

We have kind of started our own little family tradition for New Years Eve...we are not people that like to be out late at night (mostly because I have a habit of falling asleep) so a few years ago we started playing games with our kids the whole night. The kids really look forward to this night and they are always excited to see what games we are going to play. I told the kids we were just going to play the wii all night, but I didn't tell them I had another game I wanted them to learn. So when game time rolled around I pulled out Clue. I know it is a old game, but I loved playing it as a kid and I wanted to pass a little old on down to the kids. Well come to find out Jaime had never played it either....I was shocked so I went over the rules with everyone and we started playing. Ben has a hard time keeping secrets in real life, so it was no shock when he would "accidently" tell us who he had or show everyone his card. Kylee did really well and Jaime really enjoyed the game. I won the 1st game (I know big shocker) and then Jaime said he wanted to play again and can you guess who won the 2nd game??? Yep it was me!! We really had fun playing, but would love to play with some adults sometime.
Ben's really concentrating.
What's my next guess??
After eating our dinner and playing Clue it was onto the wii. We mostly played wii sports and wii sports resort. We started with a tennis tournament which Ben won and then decided it would be just as much fun to just play some of the other games. We even let Brooke play a few games (she needs lots of practice). Kylee and I were playing a game of ping pong and I was really getting into it (mostly I was mad that she was winning) and I went to hit the ball and gave my arm a good swing and wouldn't you know it I hit Kylee in the back of the head with the remote...she looked at me like I had lost my mind. At first we thought I had broke the remote, but we ended up just needing to get it reset. I'm still laughing and wishing we would have had it on video...it was priceless.

Jaime and Ben playing tennis.

Brooke was really getting into it.

Championship round!
Brooke didn't quite make it to 12:00 I think she zonked out at about 11:25 but at midnight we had our yearly sparkling cider and I went straight to bed.

Brooke at her best...asleep!!
 We had a great night and I'm glad it is over for another year, I really have a hard time staying up late. Hope you all had a great new year.

1 comment:

Happy said...

Jaime & Jen, We really do appreciate your blog posts and look forward to them. It is nice that you do so many things with the children in mind. Nice photos! We thank you for your invitations.
Perry