Monday, December 20, 2010

Gingerbread Houses

So I got this bright idea that we should start some kind of family tradition to do for the holidays. I've seen people do these gingerbread houses and they always look so neat and fun, so that is what my plan was. Well I got a recipe for some frosting and when Jaime got home from work we got started. The kids were all excited, but when they realized we weren't going to be helping them very much they were a little bummed, but they quickly started going on their own. Ben worked really hard on his and I was really impressed with how well he worked on it. Kylee is a creative person and it was fun to see her use her imagination. Jaime, Brooke and I all worked together building a house. We started with one idea which wasn't working out, so we turned to our next idea, but we still had problems and Jaime really started getting mad!! So I took over we went with another idea. It turned out alright and we all had a fun time just being together. I don't know if this is a tradition that we will keep, but at least we tried it!!
Ben

Ben's house

Kylee

Kylee's house

Brooke and I

Our house

1 comment:

hotwheels_mama said...

I think that you should carry on this tradition. I also think that I need to start this tradition!