Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Holiday Season

I am a person who really loves Christmas, but as I get older I'm realizing how much energy the Christmas season takes. I look at the kids and the many things expected of them during the holidays, they have school programs, church programs and some have other after school activities they are involved in and the kids are great, they memorize all the parts they need to know, most of them keep up on their school work and they always seem to have extra time to play and give their parents headaches. I guess as a kid this stuff never bothered me, but I never realized how tiring it could be for my parents. So as the holidays go I have watched my kids perform in their school programs and they always seem to make me proud.

Kylee's school program.

Ben's school program. Can you find him? 2nd row from the top in a black shirt.
I think one of my favorite parts of all the hubbub going on during the season is watching the kids when Santa walks into a room, right now Brooke is the one who gets really excited to see him and I just love to see her smile when he comes into a room, but they all still get excited to be able to sit on his lap and have him listen to their requests.

Brooke

Ben

Kylee, Santa asked her "Aren't you too old for this!!"
So as Christmas quickly approaches I'd like to take the time to wish you all a ver merry Christmas and I hope your days are filled with as much joy as my days are!!

No comments: