Sunday, August 22, 2010

Birthday, Football and a New Calling

It has been a busy month and I am very sad to see it coming to an end. It seems like summer went really fast this year and I think I need a longer break.
Kylee celebrated her birthday this month, she tells us she in now a decade old, it is hard to believe she is already 10 and will be starting 5th grade. She is such a wonderful kid, she helps out at home all the time and is a great example for her brother and sister. I honestly don't know what I'd do without her.
Ben decided he wanted to play flag football this year. He lucked out and was on the same team as his cousin (AJ) and his best friend (Dexter). He started out a little slow, but with a little practice and bribing he really improved. His team ended the year on a great note, they won their last 2 games and the last game they only won by one point. Way to go boys can't wait to see what next year brings.
Ben's in the orange shorts on the left.

Now onto the new calling....I got to church this morning and didn't even get sat down when I was told Jaime and I needed to go visit with Pres. Smith. So we went in and I knew it wasn't me this time, because I just got put in to my calling, so I knew it was Jaime's turn. Boy was I right, they called him to be the 2nd counselor in the Elders quorum. This is a calling that he has had many times since we have been in the ward, but I think he is really excited this time and hopefully he will enjoy it.
School starts tomorrow and I'm actually kind of nervous, I will be working at the middle school this year as they closed my school at the end of the year last year due to budget cuts. But I am excited to start working with a new group of people. So wish me luck!!
This is how Brooke spent her time at the football games, playing with Adeline!!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I agree that the summer has gone by too quickly. I wish we had time for another camping trip. I'm ready to go again. I agree that you are lucky to have such a great kid(Kylee) but what would you do without the other two? All three are great kids and at least you don't have to worry about a boring house. I was impressed with Ben's ability to play football and of course Brooke is just Brooke. We love them all.

hotwheels_mama said...

Just a wonderful summer, and Ben did so amazing at football! I just can't believe the season is already over! Kylee is awesome, and she is such a great big sister.

Can you email me a copy of the team pic?

The Fuhrmann's said...

Wow! Back in the EQ Presidency Jaime! So... who else is in it with you? Best of luck!

atkernsfam said...

Who's the President of the EQ? Are you teaching at Fruitland Middle School or Ontario? Have fun!