Thursday is the day we chose to go do stuff as a family, we decided to hike into Crawfish Lake to find a cache and to go fishing. Jaime and I had hiked into Crawfish when we were first married and hadn't been there since. It was such a nice hike and the lake was beautiful. We didn't find the cache, but we had fun fishing or at least I did, I caught 4 fish and Jaime caught 1, the kids didn't catch any and they were kind of bored because I was having fun and didn't want to leave!!
Friday we went to check on our cache that we have hidden up there. Which is still in great shape and everyone should go find it because there are some pretty views of the mountains in that area.
Saturday was a crazy day....the kids decided to go do some fishing and after they had been gone awhile we decided to go check on them, well they were catching them and had a bunch on their stringers. While we were down there Ben caught 1 and we released it and told the kids that they needed to be done fishing because they had plenty of fish, well Ben threw out his line 1 more time and got a bite. As he started reeling in we could tell it was a nice fish, Ben had a hard time reeling and as it got close we noticed it was a BIG fish. He ended up getting a 4lb 22in rainbow trout and I tell you what he was proud. He took it to show everyone in camp. After the whole fish fiasco we decided to take our family for 1 more hike for the weekend and went to Hoffer Lake. Kylee needed to find a cache up there. There is a neat little waterfall up there so the kids played by the water while Kylee found the cache.
Sunday was a sad day, we had to pack up and come home. When Brooke woke up Sunday morning and I told her she needed to get dressed so we could get ready to go home she started crying and said she didn't want to go home. I kind of agreed with her, but all good things must come to an end.
So some of the highlights of the trip this year were: hiking everyday, Brooke telling scary Chucky and dragon stories around the campfire, I was able to outfish Jaime, the kids catching a mouse and of course Ben's big fish. We can't wait for next year.
Hiking to Crawfish.
Family at Crawfish.
Hiking to ny cache.
Kids at the cache.
Just me and Brooke, she wanted to stop and every rock and take a picture.
Ben's fish.
It was BIG!
Kids above Hoffer Lake, isn't it pretty??
Brooke sitting in front of the heater getting warm. Yes I said heater, it was cold in the mornings.
2 comments:
Looks like you had a great time. I would like to hear Ben's story about the fish. Dad was impressed with it as was I. The worst part about going camping is having to come home!!!!!!!!
Love the Fish Ben...Looks beautiful...We are jealous!
Post a Comment