I'm going to let you know now before you start reading that this post is NOT about my kids or anything we have done lately. This post is kind of a journal for me so this will be a very boring post, but you may read on if you feel like it.
As I have been looking back over the past years I have been very blessed. About a year ago I was released from a calling that I loved. I was in the Relief Society Presidency and I'll never forget how I felt when I was called to serve in that capacity. At first I was totally shocked, then I got scared thinking how can I help all of these women who are all grown and have grown kids. Little did I know that they would be the ones helping me. I really enjoyed getting to know the women and learning what they did to raise their children in the gospel. I still cherish the relationships I have with those women and I appreciate all they did and do to help me and my family.
After that calling I was called to teach the youth (12-18 year olds) in the ward and I was really excited to serve with the youth. I remember being that age and I really enjoyed church and the teachers I had at that age. I have totally enjoyed this calling in fact I was very happy with it and was finally building some relationships with the kids. I guess you could say I was comfortable in this calling.
Then a few weeks ago I was called to be the camp director for the young women. Now this is a calling that I have wanted since I was in young womens. I love camping and I can't wait to go with the young women again. I always had fun while I was at camp and I really hope that I can help the girls have a good time to.
So now I feel like things are going good and I'm enjoying my callings at church and enjoying spending some time with my family. But I guess I was too comfortable because the Lord decided to throw another iron into the fire. I have now been called to serve in the Primary Presidency. I am very excited and scared all at once. I am excited because the people I get to work with are just wonderful and I think we will have a great time together. I am scared because I have NEVER done anything in primary and I don't know how to work well with younger kids. I know this will be a great calling for me and I hope I can do what the Lord expects of me. But most of all I hope my kids will be good and not act up while we are in primary together.
So with a happy heart I'm headed to primary and hopefully some really fun times. Oh and a word to the wise never get comfortable in a calling because that is when they decide to give you a new one!!
5 comments:
Oh Jen, isn't growing in the gospel bitter sweet sometimes? Just when we think we are doing great in life we are given knew opportunities to learn and grow even more. I told Tyson that Heavenly Father has more confidence in me than I do the majority of the time. I can't wait to work more with you and get to know you better as we serve the kids in our ward! You are going to be great!!
oh, and the kids acting well while we are in primary is going to be my big battle too I feel! Landon was INSANE today!!!
You will do just fine. I have a great deal of faith in that. I think you've been trained at work the last couple of years and will be able to handle anything that gets thrown at you. Enjoy it!!!!
Are you kidding me! Jen, you are a kid at heart. I'm surprised you weren't put in this calling years ago!
Jennifer, you are excellent in everything you do! You have the sweetest personality and are always in tune to the spirit. I am happy for you and I know you will do a great job. I am sad for myself because I won't have you in RS when I make it. It is so nice that you are loved by so many people that everyone wants to be with you and have you for a friend.
Post a Comment