Saturday, March 13, 2010

Birthday Celebrations

I know it is a little early to be celebrating birthdays, but because of prior arrangements (trip to see family) we decided it would be best to celebrate the birthdays this week. I wanted to celebrate them both on the same day, but Ben got upset and said he wanted his own day. For those of you who don't know Ben and Brooke's birthday's are a day apart.
So on Friday we celebrated Ben's birthday. He could hardly wait and he actually worked hard at cleaning his bedroom so he could open his present early. This year he got a rip rider, which he totally loves. Kylee and him spent most of the afternoon outside playing on it yesterday. In our family we let the kids choose what we have for dinner on their birthdays and this year Ben chose Poptarts. He didn't want anything else to go with it, so to offset the sugar intake I made some bacon, eggs and toast to go with it. He had a great day.

So now it is Saturday and as soon as I saw Brooke the first thing she said was "is it my birthday today?" I think she knows that her birthday is the day after Ben's and she was ready. At around 12:00 we let her open her gift from us. I always love to see the joy in their faces as they open their gifts and watching her was just priceless. She pulled out her new clothes and just threw them (a trait she gets from her mother). Then she found her v-smile pocket and was thrilled, but after that she pulled out her new Carebears DVD and that made her day. She loves the Carebears and loves to play with all of Kylee's old Carebears, and Kylee is the best big sister because she will play right along with her. As for Brooke's dinner we decided she was too little to decide this year, plus from what I hear we will be having a BBQ on her actual birthday so she didn't get to choose what to have this year, maybe I will let her choose next year!!!


I'm so thankful for my kids and they bring such joy and happiness into our home, I don't know what we would do without them. Plus if I didn't have them I wouldn't have an excuse to buy all the toys I like to buy!! Happy birthday Ben and Brooke.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I got to see all of Brookes gifts. She is very proud of her backpack. I gave her a bottle of water and she put it in the side. I can't believe how much she is growing up. Ben seemed to be having a great time with his new ride when I got to see it on Friday. Hope they both have a good time next weekend with the party they will have in Utah.