After Kylee's games we decided to get out of the house and go do some geocaching. Since her games were in New Plymouth I did some research and found a backroad that had a bunch of caches. So off we went, the kids had a great time, I think they were glad to get back to treasure hunting after being cooped up all winter. It was so fun to watch them use the gps's and actually find the caches. Kylee sure had the eye for them today, she is a little competitive like her mother and she was racing to find it first. I know she found a couple of them before me, but I think I still have her beat!! We ended up finding 15 caches today and on four of them we were the first to finds (that means we were the first ones to find a new cache that had been placed), we set a new family record on number of caches found in a day. I am getting more and more excited about the weather turning nice just so we can hit the mountains and do some more caching.
Ben hiding the cache.
The view at one of the caches.
The kids found this one!!
The race is on.... notice Kylee is in the lead.
Jaime and Kylee and one of the nano caches we found.
My dirty car after a day of caching!!
5 comments:
I just have to ask, Did you have fun? I know you did, I'm glad that you enjoy it, it really does get you out to move around. I guess I still have it beat as far as Ben is concerned. I think he would have come with me instead of going caching!!!!!!!
I'm offended! Being on the dance team isn't a bad thing - although I don't think Kylee would like it.
Glad you guys had fun! We'll have to plan a trip after tax season to go out with you guys!
I'm with Kim on this one. I'm also offended about the dance team remark! Excuse me! Dancing is definitely a sport, so take that! And, in case you have forgotten, Kylee loves to do cheerleading. So, Jennifer, YOU better just get used to the idea that Kim and I are going to do our darndest to get her dancing :)
Glad you guys had fun :)
I really need to check out geocaching around here. We went a ton when we lived over in Rexburg but not once since we have been here. It might be time to dust off the GPS!
Good times! Glad ya'll could get out! And congrats on the new calling! You'll do fine!
Post a Comment