Monday, June 22, 2009

We Have A Parrot

Well not really, just Brooke. We have been potty training her and she has been doing very well. Every time she goes on the potty we tell her "Good job Brooke you went potty on the big girl potty." She loves this positive reinforcement and it really helps.
Well in our house we only have 1 bathroom and I don't get to use it by myself very often. So tonight when Brooke came in I told her to leave and she said I want to watch you. So she goes and sits on the tub, as I finish my turn she looks at me grinning from ear to ear and says "Good job mom you went potty on the big girl potty." It was so cute to see her so excited for me.
Anyway that is the parrot in our house!!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Did she get you some licorice for going on the big girl potty?

Jen Tolman said...

No she didn't get me a treat, but I'm sure she would have eaten it for me.

The Fuhrmann's said...

That is too funny!!! I can see her doing that. I am trying to get the idea into Marek's head and he is getting it but I have not enforced it yet.

Kim A. Hodges said...

What comes around goes around I guess. That is hilarious. She does the darndest things sometimes!

atkernsfam said...

There was a funny email that I had once about a three year old in the store bathroom with her mom. Watch out next time you bring Brooke, Calista pulled it on me last year. I'll have to find it and give it to you sometime. It sounds like you would appreciate it.