Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Camping Trip #2

We were able to take some time and get away this last weekend and go camping again. We left Thursday night and came home Sunday. The weather was wonderful it was cold in the morning and evening, but warmed up real nice during the day.

Friday morning we took off and went after the Table rock cache we have been trying to get for at least 2 years. We have always hit snow and can't get through it, but this year there was no snow and we made it all the way to the top. It was beautiful up there and now I'm not going to bother Jaime anymore to go up there!!

I had set up a little treasure hunt course Friday morning before we left for table rock and as soon as we got back the kids were ready to go find the treasures. I had told Kylee that she would be required to run the gps by herself to do this course and I'm very proud to say that she did a great job. The kids all had fun doing this and then at the end they each got a little prize. It was funny my sister enjoyed doing it so much that as soon as she got back she wanted to go find a real geocache so I told her there was one close by and away she went. It was her second find, but her first find by herself and I'm really proud of her.

While we were all preparing dinner we had some fun playing ladderball we even had mom out playing and I think secretly she must have a set at home that she had been practicing on because she came out and took a bunch of people to the cleaners!! GO MOM!!


Friday evening the Pearson's just happened to show up and Kylee couldn't have been happier. Her and all the rest of the kids kept sneaking off to their camp to play. I think if we would have let her she would have been with them all day, but because we are mean parents we made her hang out with the family, but she was still able to sneak off a couple of times and play with Harlee.

Saturday we had sort of a slow start, we all slept in and it felt really nice. I had found a 4 wheeler trail I thought would be fun to take the kids for a bike ride on so after breakfast away we went. We had scouted the trail out a little earlier and found out that at the bottom of a couple of the ramps was a big puddle of water so I was excited to see how Ben would react to the puddles, he however surprised me and wasn't very excited to go through them, he went through one and almost got stuck and then he was done. The kids are still talking about that trail and they want to go back up and ride it again.



After the bike ride we went for a hike, I have done this hike 3 times now and it is a pretty nice hike. Of course we don't just hike for nothing there was a cache at the top of the hill so we had something we were after. The kids did really well climbing and they didn't get scared until the last little bit, but once they found the treasure they were in heaven.




We had a great weekend and I can't wait to go back and find the wilderness trails on the other side of the mountain!

1 comment:

hotwheels_mama said...

Thanks for putting that beautiful picture of me up. Can't tell you how much I appreciate that. I can't wait to go and find more cache's with you!