Last Sunday when they announced in church that Friday night was the father and son campout Ben's eyes lit up. So first thing Monday morning Ben told me we needed to pop the trailer up. I looked at him and asked why. He looked at me like I was stupid and said I need my sleeping bag out so I can go camping with dad.
It was a great week with Ben, he did almost everything I asked him to do, I'm sure it helped that I kept telling him if he wanted to go camping he better do it. On Thursday we pulled the trailer out from under the carport, but because the weather wasn't too great we decided not to pop it up. As soon as we got home on Friday Ben headed right to the trailer and started popping it up. That will be his job when we go camping this summer. After we got the beds pulled out he got in and started going through the sleeping bags until he found his and then he made sure he got Jaime's too.
When Jaime got home he was so excited and kept asking when they were leaving. Well when they finally left he was grinning from ear to ear.
I guess they had a good time at camp, Jaime did come home and told me he needs a new sleeping bag, I asked why and he said because he FROZE!! He said Ben was plenty warm.
Saturday morning after getting everything packed up they went fishing. I guess they had fun, or at least Ben did he caught the only fish and it was with his new pole.
I think Ben is ready for summer and camping and I'm right there with him. But there are only 4 more days so we don't have to wait too long.
No comments:
Post a Comment