Monday, March 23, 2009

Week in Review

We had an extremely busy week last week. Between school, the first week of soccer, parent teacher conferences and Utah we were going non-stop.

On Wednesday Ben celebrated his 6th birthday. We went all out for him and got him what he wanted for his birthday, a skateboard. He loves it and he actually tries to take care of it, he brings it in the house at night so nobody will steal it!

On Thursday Brooke celebrated her 2nd birthday. We got her a laptop so that she would quit taking Ben's and Kylee's. As it turns out Ben seems to play with it more than she does, but it was nice to have on the drive to Utah because it helped keep them both quiet.


After Jaime got home from work on Thursday we headed to Utah. I love traveling in the evenings because the kids settle down and Brooke even took a little nap.

On Friday Jaime got to go snowmobiling. He had a great time and keeps telling me how beautiful it was and he keeps telling me how sore his arms are from riding. My Uncles keep telling him he needs to move to God's country where the snow is so good, but they don't have him convinced yet!! I got to go do a little shopping and visit my grandparents while he was snowmobiling. It was so nice to see them and Brooke even remembered them and gave them big hugs and kisses, it was really cute and they loved it.

On Saturday we got to go see my cousin bowl in the special olympics. It was really neat to be there and see a competition not be about the score, but about having fun and cheering everyone on. My cousin got a silver medal in the competition way to go Ty.

Ever since Brooke was little she really liked my Uncle Jeff and so we were anxious to see how she took to him on this trip and just as before she loved him. When he came to see her she went right to him and wouldn't go to anyone else. While we were at the bowling meet she stuck to him most of the time, he fed her full of chocolate which really made her day. We also took her out for a few minutes to run around and as all little kids do she bolted so I ran and caught her and the first thing she did was look at Jeff and said "save me" he of course took her.



Kylee got to go see my cousin Monica compete in a color guard competition. She was really impressed with this, so now I'm hoping that she doesn't turn into some dancer, I really want her to play sports.

The kids really had a fun time playing with their cousins while we were there and the weather was perfect for them to be able to play outside. My kids really enjoyed seeing the horses in fact I don't think Brooke had ever seen a horse because she kept telling us there was a reindeer outside. It took us awhile to realize what she was talking about.



Brooke also decided to paint her nails while we were there. Didn't she do a great job!!Our trip home was nasty, just outside of Snowville we hit a big snowstorm. We were going between 35 and 45 all the way to Burley. I'm glad Jaime was driving because I hate driving on the freeway in snow. This picture doesn't show much, but the roads just got worse the farther we went. The plows couldn't keep up with it and the one lane ended up having about an inch of snow covering it.

Overall we had a great trip and we can't wait to go back in July!!!

2 comments:

The Fuhrmann's said...

I agree with you on the driving in the snow. Ever since I was in an accident were we slid off the road while I was pregnant, right in that area between Snowville and Burley, I HATE it. I tell Deny that I will never go to Utah while it is snow season unless we fly.
Oh and there is nothing wrong if Brook wants to be a dancer, I was. I think will she will be great. :)

hotwheels_mama said...

Let her dance Jen. I think that both your girls should dance. If I have any influence on them, they will dance :)