For those of you who know us you know we like to go geocaching. Well yesterday we hit a milestone we have now found 200 geocaches. Our 200th cache was called Phone Service with a View and it had some really nice views, the snow on the mountains was really pretty. I'm always amazed at some of the views we have seen while we are out caching and I'm so glad that people take the time to hide these at such neat places so that others can enjoy the views and neat areas.
As I look back at some of the last 100 caches we've done I think of some of the hikes we went on. The most memorable hike was done over a Labor Day weekend and we went with Kim and Roger, it was to a cache called Hangman's Tree, I was about 3 months pregnant with Brooke. This cache was supposed to be a 2 mile hike in and it was a rough 2 miles. We started at a beautiful lake and then had to hike up a pretty steep mountain from there. It took us 6 hours to hike to the cache and back and we have all vowed not to go back to that cache, but I wouldn't mind visiting that lake again, it was so pretty and blue.
Here is the view of Blue Lake after we climbed on our hands and knees to get to the top!
Here are the kids at Blue Lake notice that there are only 2!!

Here are the kids at Blue Lake notice that there are only 2!!
We also had a scary hike trying to find a cache last year where we got stuck in a thunderstorm on the side of a mountain at about 7500 ft. It was scary to be sitting on the mountain huddled under a tree and hear the thunder and then get pounded by the rain. What an experience and it is one that our kids still talk about.
We have also hidden 3 caches in the last couple of years. They are in some pretty neat areas as well. So if you get a chance you should go find them!!
These are some experiences we would have never had if we had not started caching and we love to have these experiences and we can't wait for the ones to come.
Here are the kids on Saturday. There are now 3 of them and they love to go treasure hunting!

Now on to the adventures of finding 300 caches.
2 comments:
Dang straight we aren't going back to find that cache again! That was quite an experience. I do have to agree though, it was definitely beautiful.
Remember me? You know, the sister who hasn't been very involved with treasure hunting? Well, I want to be involved. Please, include me. I have a weekend off in March and probably one in April. I want to go with you guys. My boys would love it. Maybe we can be there when you hit number 300. I thought it was fun, but somebody never really cared much for it.
Post a Comment