Sunday, March 29, 2009

Look what we did....

....we finally got our fence built. We used to have a big hedge that seperated our properties, but it died and last year we tore it out.
We have wanted to get a nice new fence put in so that we could let Brooke play in the yard and not worry about her running in the road.
Since it was spring break I figured it would be a good time to start working on it. So Friday night we dug a couple of holes and then Jaime ran to Home Depot to get some supplies to get us started.

Saturday morning we got up and went right to work, we put out 2 endposts in and I started digging the hole for the next post and guess what I hit a water pipe. So we had to move everything over about 6 inches and start all over. By 10:00 we had the 2 endposts back in, but we had to go to soccer. We got home from soccer around 2:00 and headed straight back to the fence. Jaime's dad saw us working and came over to help. I tell you what I have the best father-in-law in town. He kept us working and at about 8:00 last night we were totally finished.

So here is the before picture.




And here are some after pictures. I think it really looks nice. Now I'm ready for summer!!!








3 comments:

Kim A. Hodges said...

That does look great! Plus, now you won't have the neighbor kids thinking that they can just come & play in your yard as well.

hotwheels_mama said...

That looks awesome. Brook will have an extremely hard time getting out now!

Marie Adell said...

Wow! That does look great! Good job, you guys!