Since the weather is warming up we have been getting the itch to be outside. So this last weekend we planned a trip with Jerry and Megan to go geocaching up to Owyhee.
We started out picking up a couple on the way out and then we did a bunch going up to the reservoir and a few more after we made it up there.
I have never taken my time and looked at the scenery while driving up to Owyhee so this trip was real neat to stop and look at the mountains and the formations of the rocks.
We took a picnic lunch to eat along the way and this time instead of just taking sandwiches I decided that we would take hotdogs. Jaime's parents gave us a nice little coleman grill to take on our day trips. So we get everything out to eat lunch and Jerry is telling us how he used to have a grill like ours only his had an electronic starter. Well stupid me I didn't even think about anything like that. I didn't bring anything to start it with, I got the propane bottle for it but no matches. So the boys somehow used toilet paper and the cigarette lighter to start it. I knew those cigarette lighters were in the vehicles for a reason!! So now I am going to get some matches to keep in with my stove.
We had done a little research and noticed that after we got to the top there was a road that would take us up and over the mountain from Owyhee and over to the Succor creek area, so we decided to try it. It started out alright, but it got pretty rough and one side of the road was a big drop off. Jaime kept asking me what I had gotten him into? I told him it was just a day of caching. He did let me know after we got off the mountain that we would not be taking that road again and I agreed.
Kylee and Ben at the Owyhee cave cache. We saw a lizard here!!
Jaime gave Brooke a gps so she could help find the treasure and she wouldn't give it back. She was so cute to watch she walked around like she knew exactly what she was doing and she wanted people to follow her.
Here we all are at the reservoir. We can't wait till our next trip.
3 comments:
Ok, I have the weekend after Easter weekend off! So, your next trip had better include me and my boys on Saturday morning. We just have to be back in time for the birthday party! I'm not kidding. I really want to go. Just remember I only have my van, so nothing too rough.
Okay so you are talking about the 18th right? Well the only problem there is Ben still has a soccer game that day so we can't do anything till after that and his game isn't until 1:00. So that cuts out most of the day.
I think that is hilarious about Brooke. I can't stop laughing! I'll make sure that I bring some matches on our day trip!
Post a Comment