We usually don't do very much for valentines day, mostly because it is always on a weekday and by the time we get home from work we would just rather sit down and relax. Well this year Jaime asked his Dad to watch the kids (mostly his Mom) so that we could go do something. So now we had to decide what we wanted to do. I didn't feel like going out to eat because we always do that. So we decided to go to the movies. We went and saw Mall Cop and we really enjoyed it. I can't wait till it comes out on DVD so the kids can see it.
I also was really ambitious and bought some cookies from the lunch ladies at school for the kids to decorate. I am not one to bake at all so I look for the easy way out and this was perfect, they made some big beautiful cookies and they even included the frosting so the kids could frost them. The kids had a blast, I went through a whole jar of sprinkles and a jar of my own frosting, but the kids had a blast. I'm glad I don't do this very often because the kids made a huge mess, but I guess once in a while that is okay.
Last weekend we went to my mom's for a family dinner and my sister had made cupcakes for the kids to frost and decorate, I tell you kids and frosting and decorating is a big mistake, anyway the kids went to town and had fun. The best part was watching Brooke, my sister frosted her cupcake for her, she dumped most of the sprinkles on it and then licked it all off and started over it was really cute. I'm glad I had my camera to get a couple pics of her

When we go to school in the mornings the kids talk about what they want to do for the weekend and they always say they want to go treasure hunting but now they have added a new one to the mix. They want to go camping. Well I'm with them, but it is a little cold right now and I try and explain to Ben that there is still snow in the mountains. So this is how our conversation goes.
Ben: Mom we don't have to go hiking if there is snow.
Me: Ben we still have to get the trailer to the campground and there is snow in the campground.
Ben: Oh, but I still want to go camping.
Me: We will.
Ben: Saturday?
Me: No, when school is out for the summer.
Ben: Can I take my bike.
Me: Yes.
Ben: Okay.
So because they have been bugging my for the last couple of weeks to go camping I decided for family home evening last night to kind of get that out of their systems. We have a little propane firepit and I decided to get it out and make smores. They had a blast, they got out the camping chairs and put on their coats, it was pretty cold, and they had a blast. And guess what they still want to go camping.

So hopefully it warms up soon and the snow starts to melt so we can at least go for a drive to the mountains and let the kids play for the day.
2 comments:
Where is the boogey man?
Jen, who really cares if the kids make a mess? You are making memories that last a lifetime. The mess, it always cleans.
Post a Comment