Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas

I really hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas and that you were all able to travel to your many destinations safely. The weather this year has been wild, but our family has really enjoyed it.

The last week was extremely busy. We did a lot of playing and had a lot of fun. We spent a day sledding at the college which was so much fun, the hill is just the right size for kids to go down and then climb back up. We spent probably close to 2 hours up there sledding and when we left the kids wanted to go some more. But they also all needed a nap!!!
On Wednesday we had a family get together for Christmas Eve. All of the siblings were able to make it this year and it was fun just to be together for a few hours. We had dinner, then had a special visit from Santa, then we played a quick game and then it was off to our own homes.


My kids could hardly wait for Christmas and it was kind of tough getting them to bed, but once they went it didn't take long for them to crash.

Thursday was the day we all wait for all year long. I remember being a kid and always loving Christmas, but I think I enjoy it more as a parent just to see how happy the kids get and how surprised they are. They were very happy with everything they got. Their only complaint was that they didn't get a nintendo ds, but we just laughed at them!! Brooke got enough baby dolls to have on almost everyday of the week, and she is so cute with them and treats them like real babies. She is growing up way to fast, but we are enjoying every minute of it. It was a wonderful day, we visited both of our parents and then we had some of my family over for a very informal ham dinner. After everyone left, we decided to watch a movie, mostly so Jaime and I could take a nap. The kids were great and they even kept an eye on Brooke for us which was the best thing of all.




Friday we had more family come to town. We ended up going sledding again and the hill was even better on Friday. It had been sledded on quite a bit so it looked a little icy. We got the tube going pretty fast and far. I'm sure glad it wasn't a long hike up a mountain.

Saturday was a little more relaxed, we were able to play with some of our Christmas gifts and visit. However we were still able to get our exercise in. After the snow finished we went out and shoveled the sidewalks and if we get too much more snow I'm not going to be able to throw it onto our nice little snow mountain in the front yard.

So that is how our weekend went. I enjoyed every bit of visiting with friends and family and I can't wait until camping season is here. I'm ready to hit the mountains with my gps and find some more geocaches. But until the snow is gone I guess we will be stuck here in town!!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I agree it was a fun time this year. We enjoyed the days and it was fun to watch the kids. I do love to spend time with all of the grandkids. Glad we could share it with you. Thanks for dinner, it was great and since everyone helped it wasn't a burden on anyone.