Summer is the time for kids to play outside and ride their bikes and evening go swimming, but summer is not the time to get sick. Monday night Ben came down with a fever and me being the easy going one figured it would be gone by Tuesday morning. Well I was wrong when he got up Tuesday he had a temp of 102, so I decided to take him in thinking that it would be strep I could get some antibiotics for him and get him better. But no such luck I took him in and the strep test came back negative. So now I'm thinking great what does he have. Well he had a viral infection and they can't give you medicine for that, your body just has to fight it off.
So off we go to get some over the counter medicine and to pick up the girls. Well by Tuesday afternoon Brooke was pretty warm too. So great I have 2 sick kids and I want Kylee to stay away so she doesn't get it to. So we spent Tuesday and Wednesday just relaxing and letting the little ones get better. I think we went through about 20 popsicles trying to keep them hydrated, but for Brooke that was the only think that would calm her down. Ben did a lot of sleeping along with eating popsicles.
Today is Thursday and to see them now you would never believe they were sick at all. I'm so glad it is over and I have to say it is easier to take care of one sick kid at a time.
2 comments:
Yeah, I think Brooke is definitely liking that fudgecicle...especially letting it get all over her belly! I'm glad that they are doing better.
Yeah, that cool chocolate running down the warm belly!!!! Life couldn't get much better. I am glad they are feeling better.
Post a Comment