Monday, July 28, 2008

Great Week

Last week was mighty busy at our house, we started the week off with 2 sick kids running fevers of 102. So that slowed us all down for 2 days. It was nice to relax for a couple of days, but I always hate it when the kids are sick especially when I can't do anything for them.

By Thursday they were back to normal which gave us a chance to go to the 24th of July celebration at church. The kids had a blast and came home with lots of prizes and them saying they can't wait to go again next year.

Friday was the day I'd been looking forward to for a month. Kim had a work party and Roger couldn't go. She asked if I would be interested and of course I think to myself a day without the kids heck yah. So she told me that we would be going to horseshoe bend on the train ride which really sealed the deal. I left home for Boise at 8 and we headed to Horseshoe Bend. We got on the train and as soon as we got on they started serving food and lots of food. We ate as we rode to Montour and when we got to Montour we headed back to Horseshoe Bend to let the caterers off which meant all the food was gone!!

After we dropped them all off we headed up to Banks along the Payette River. I loved this part of the ride, I always enjoy watching water but I never get to enjoy it because we have to drive to fast, so this time it was a slow trip and it was fun to watch all the people that were out rafting. It was also fun waving at them all.



While riding the train I also got to see some pretty views of the mountains and it really made me want to go camping thank goodness we have a camping trip coming up!! We could see highway 55 from the train and I kept seeing all the people headed for the hills and everytime I saw a tent trailer go by I'd hurry and make sure Kim saw it too. I think she thought I was nuts, but it was fun to see how many people actually have tent trailers.

We ended up being on the train for 4 hours straight which got kind of boring, but I had a great time and would do it all over again. And just for the record I didn't say anything bad about Kim to any of her co-workers!!

Here are a couple pictures of the train!!


While Kim was busy taking neat pictures of all of her co-workers, I decided to get a fun one of her!! Thanks for the great day Kim!!


1 comment:

Kathy said...

What exactly was she trying to do? I can't quite figure it out. I'm glad you had a good time. I would like to do that sometime but I'm sure I will just get to enjoy drives in that direction.