Monday, August 4, 2008

Horrible Friday

Okay now I've always thought Friday is a good day, it is the last day of the week so everything is supposed to run smoothly and everything is good. Well that is not what happened to me on Friday.
It started with Kylee bathing Brooke and when they got out Ben comes running to tell me that Brooke has pooped on the floor. So off I go to take care of it(thankgoodness it was a log) I ask Ben to get me some toilet paper and he comes in with less than a square of paper. Hello Ben I need more than that to pick it up. Then we have to discuss why I'm going to flush it down the toilet. I tell you sometimes I wonder about the questions I get.
So now I need to go renew my drivers license well I got some paper work in the mail telling me I needed my social security card, my birth certificate, my marriage license and if I have a different address proof of the new address. Well I figured that because everything on my license was the same I would just take my social security card and my birth certificate. Boy was I wrong I had to have my marriage license so they could prove why my name changed. So I had to come home and search everywhere for that license, luckily it only took about 10 minutes. But what a pain. So I finally got that all taken care of and what did I get? A little peice of paper with my picture on it and them telling me that for some reason they are now mailing the real license. I'm really not impressed with the state of Oregon at this moment.
So then we go hit some yard sales and head home to relax for awhile. After we relaxed we had to get some work done outside to make room for my friends suburban that Jaime is working on for them. So I was told to move the truck to make room. So out I go to move the truck when I started going I thought I felt something funny, but I figured it was just the stuff in the back moving a little so I didn't worry about it. Well after I got the truck moved I looked back and I figured out what felt funny. Ben had left his bike in front of the truck and guess what. Yep I ran it over. It pretty much crunched the wheel and broke the pedal assembly. However the tube did not pop and the frame was not bent. Jaime was able to put the tire on a new rim, but we have to find a new pedal assembly for it. I felt bad, but I think Ben learned a good lesson. And he is also very thankful that he has an extra bike so he can take it camping this week.
So that was the last bad thing of the day, but I hope it takes at least another year or too before I have a day like that again.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Just one question: Are you going to look where you are going next time you get in a vehicle? I'm just glad he wasn't on the bike. I know how things were going that day. Now that you've had your vacation, do you feel any better?