Well can you believe it, we already have 2 camping trips in and it is only the 16th of June. This time we went to Unity with Jaime's parents. They are always up for a camping trip and we really have a lot of fun when we go with them. Grandpa loves to tease Ben just to watch him get mad but this trip was a little different. We had doughnuts for dessert on Friday night and when we were getting them Ben wasn't ready yet, so he said he would eat it in a couple of minutes, well grandpa finished his and told Ben he was going to eat Ben's too. Ben looked up at him totally serious and said Grandpa you wouldn't eat it we are best friends. So the rest of the weekend Grandpa was constantly being told to be nice because we are best friends!!
On Saturday after a nice breakfast we set out to find a new geocache in the area. While we were driving and looking for it we came to the geocache that we have placed up there so we checked on it and made sure it was all stocked and ready for the summer. As we were looking at the view we noticed the snow still on the moutains in the distance. I can't remember seeing snow on those mountains this time of year.
So we continue our hunt for the cache and we come to a fork where we need to turn, it looks pretty narrow we figured it was a 4 wheeler trail, but we have a big truck so we forge ahead. We go for about a half mile and decide it is too narrow for what we want, and we figure that the cache is placed on the 4 wheeler trails, so we head back to camp. As we are heading back I find another road that looks nice so we head up it hoping to find the cache, well to begin with we are getting farther away and I'm thinking I screwed up again, but then the road turns and we start getting closer. As it turned out that was the road we should have been on, but when we got there we also found the road we thought was for 4 wheelers. So we were on the right track but we just went the long was around to find it.
After finding the cache we set back for camp, Jaime and I are ready for a break and the kids need to let off some energy, so they get on their bikes and go while we relax. They found a ramp to ride their bikes on and they had a blast climbing it on their bikes and then coming off the other end. They kept asking to go ride bikes at the ramp.
After tiring out from the bikes they wanted to go fishing with the stream running right through the campground it was pretty easy to take them fishing. I was just going to let Jaime and Grandpa take Kylee and Ben and go, but Brooke started following them, so I got the backpack for her and we went with them.
Jaime cast Ben's pole for him and right away he had a fish, Ben was so excited, he grinned from ear to ear and couldn't wait to catch another fish.
Kylee finally got one after about 5 minutes and hers was only about 4 inches long, so to see her fish you will really have to look, you can see the head and that is about all you see of her fish.
Brooke wanted in on the action too so we gave her Ben's pole and she thought it was great until we took the pole away and then she got mad, so next time we have to take her pole too.
The kids are already to go back up and camp, I really think they enjoy being in the outdoors and I know they love camping and eating all the food and especially the smores.
Oh and they slept really well Saturday night, I think they were a little tired!!
2 comments:
The best part is when they are all asleep. Sounds like you had a good time.
I guess I'll have to try to harass Ben enough next week to see if he'll say the same thing to me. I'm glad Kylee didn't fall in the water this time...she kind of has a track record doing that. :)
Post a Comment