Tuesday, June 3, 2008

House Project

When we found out that we were getting a little bit of money back from the government this year we decided we would take that money and redo the lower half of the kitchen. So we got all the measurements and got all the stuff we need to get it done.

Friday afternoon the kids and I start tearing up the kitchen floor because the whole floor needs to be replaced. This was taking me forever because it wasn't coming up in chunks at all it was little slivers. About 4:00 Jaime's dad calls and says he's going to come see how I'm doing. When he gets here he started laughing at me, then he took the crowbar and showed me how it is done, long story short we had the old floor out by the time Jaime got home and 5:30.

Now I figure it is pretty much up to the boys to put the new subfloor down, plus I had to take care of the kids. Between Jaime, Clayton and Chuck they had the new subfloor down by 11:00 Friday night.

I'm getting excited now thinking that by Saturday night I'll have my new kitchen and everything will be good. We get up early Saturday morning and get to work. We start laying my new floor at 8:30 and by about 11:00 it is done.

Now we start bringing in the cabinets and they fit pretty good so I'm really thinking we are right on track. I was told I needed to go right away and get a countertop, so I head out and get that done. I tell you buying all this stuff for the house was fun, but by this time I was tired of spending the money and looking at all the different options, I just wanted it done.

Now as the boys are taking their time getting things done I keep thinking what is taking so long, well I didn't think of having to drill holes to run water lines to all the different accessories, and I guess that really takes some time.

Well at 8:30 Saturday night Jaime comes to his mom's and tells me we have more shopping to do and I'm thinking NO MORE SHOPPING!! We needed to get a new sink because the one I had was to heavy and I don't remember why else, we also needed a new faucet and a water filter so we can have good drinking water instead of the nasty water Ontario offers.

So now we are on to Sunday, Jaime and Chuck run and do there church thing before church and they spend the rest of the day working on the kitchen. By the end of the day they had one countertop finished and water to the kitchen again and I'm glad because now I can cook again. We aren't finished quite yet but hopefully by the end of this weekend we will have it done.







4 comments:

Kim A. Hodges said...

Well, there is definitely a huge change in your kitchen, and I can't wait to see it this weekend when we come over!!!

hotwheels_mama said...

I will have to swing over with the boys tomorrow morning to see it. Looks really good.

Kathy said...

The kitchen is looking better all the time. I did find the scratch remover pen. I just keep forgetting to bring it over. Try to remember on Sunday and I'll give it to you.

The Fuhrmann's said...

Wow! That looks amazing! Love it!