Sunday, February 24, 2008

Tournament Time



I didn't think I would have to deal with basketball tournaments for a few more years, but no luck.


Since Kylee has been involved with rec basketball, we find ourselves spending some time in the gym, I don't think I've spent this much time in a gym since I played ball in high school, but it has been fun watching all the girls learn the skills of the game.


But according to the schedule they had a tournament that was TBA, so I was kind of hoping that they would just not do it for them, I mean they are only 2nd and 3rd graders, but no luck they scheduled the tournament and it meant we were going to have possibly 3 games in one day.


So we set out Sat. for the first game, prepared to spend the day there. Well it started out slow, the girls weren't scoring on either team which really makes it long. Then out of the blue Kylee started shooting. She made 4 baskets in their first game and they went on to win it.


So now we sit around and wait for the next game.


Well the next game was a lot of the other team scoring and our girls trying to figure out how to stop the best player on the other team, well we lost, but it was a great experience. I think I learned the most, I've never been a spectator, I was always on the court, so it was hard to just sit back and watch helplessly, but Kylee had a great time and she can't wait for next year.


Brooke also had a good time, she got to sit in the balcony area with grandma, I can't say that grandma had a great time, but we were so thankful that she took Brooke and Ben so that we could enjoy watching Kylee play.


So until next year basketball is over.


Now onto soccer.


2 comments:

Kathy said...

I think grandpa had more fun that anyone. He starts talking about her and her shots constantly. I think he might be just about as proud of her as anyone could be. I didn't mind taking care of the kids. I did get to see most of the games and Brooke and Ben didn't have to sit in one place all the time. They both got to run around a little bit. Kylee did a great job during the first game. I loved to see her jump around after each shot she made.
I suppose soccer will be fun, I just hope that the games are on Saturdays. Then we will get to watch them as well.

hotwheels_mama said...

I am so excited for my kids to start playing sports. Wait, AJ and Ben start on March 15th. They will have so much fun. Kylee looks like she is having a blast. A little Jennifer in the making. No wonder Grandpa is so proud. He was so involved with Jennifer and he misses it. Poor Kylee. Grandpa will be wanting to play with her all the time :) She will love it!