Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Just a little busy

I feel like I have been running since school started. For the first time ever we agreed to let the kids play fall sports with the rec. department, something we have never done because we wanted the kids to get into the swing of school before we let them do lots of extra stuff. However last year we allowed Kylee to play school volleyball, because she had made it to the grand age of being able to play school sports. So I have Kylee playing volleyball, Ben playing soccer and Brooke playing soccer, which means 3 different schedules that I have to keep track of. Well I got it all figured out (now that it is almost over) and guess what, they throw in open gym for the 7th and 8th grade girls, so right now I am juggling 4 different sport schedules for 3 kids, plus fitting in all of our church stuff. Let's just say it has been a busy month at our house, but it has been a lot of fun watching and supporting the kids.
Brooke has loved finally being able to play soccer, she scored a goal in her first game, but after that she has kind of just sat back and not been quite as aggressive, so that is something we need to work on!!
Watching the ball.

I went to help her and she told me I was distracting her!!

Ben is really learning this season and he has learned that he does better as a defender or a goalie, I personally hate it when he plays goalie, it just scares me. He keeps improving and learning.
Going in for a kick.

He's the one in yellow in the middle.

Kylee made the B-1 team in volleyball this year and in every game she has played she has played the whole game. As much as she is enjoying volleyball, she is anxiously awaiting the start of basketball and to be honest, so am I!!
Ready to serve.
Kylee and her sister (best friend) Harlee.


I am so proud of the kids and all they are accomplishing, but I have learned that too much of a good thing is too much and I'm looking forward to Oct. 12th when Ben and Brooke are done with soccer and volleyball season is over, then I only have to worry about one schedule!!

No comments: