On Wednesday the 7th we headed out for our last camping trip of the year. I am always sad when this trip comes just because it means that summer is almost over and it is time to go back to school. But we always have a great time while we are camping. Once we got camp set up we decided to go do a little fishing. We hadn't unloaded the canoe yet so we were just fishing off the bank, but we didn't have much luck so we decided to go get the canoe. I started catching some fish once we got in the canoe, in fact I had 2 fish caught before Jaime even got his line in the water. Since we were doing pretty well we decided we would go grab Brooke and give Grandpa a break and he was glad we did, she about drove him crazy!! She was able to catch a little fish and then wanted to go back to shore!!
 |
| Fishing |
 |
| She caught one |
Thursday we had planned on hiking to Van Patten Lake, but Jaime got sick so our plans changed and we just played at the lake and hung around camp for the day. But I was able to convince Kylee and Ben to go fishing with me (I have to take me kids because I don't like to touch the fish, they are too slimy and the wiggle and it just scares me). So Kylee and I went out in the morning and didn't have much luck, she caught a big one and I caught a small one. Then in the afternoon I took Ben out, and he was not having a good time, I was finally able to get one hooked and let him reel it in, after that he was a little happier and he had a good time catching 2 more fish.
 |
| Look at that fish. |
Friday Jaime was feeling better so we decided to hike to Black Lake, we took short hikes just because he had been sick and still wasn't feeling a 100%. It was a nice hike, we tried doing some fishing while there, but didn't have much luck, Jaime caught a little one and that is all we got. The kids had a fun time playing on the rocks in the area.
 |
| Ready to go hiking |
 |
| Break on the trail |
 |
| Rock climbing. |
 |
| Almost to the top. |
 |
| At the top. |
 |
| Kylee trying to be like Ben. |
 |
| At Black Lake |
 |
| At Black Lake |
 |
| Ben found a frog!! |
Saturday Jaime, Brooke and I hiked up to Hoffer Lake. It was such a beautiful morning and we had a good time hiking, we saw fresh deer and elk tracks and just enjoyed the time we had with Brooke. I think I drove her nuts taking pictures, but I think she really enjoyed just being alone with us. By the end of the hike she was finding places to stand and making me take her picture. After our hike we tried to do a little more fishing but only caught a couple before it started to get windy and cold. We ended up having a rain/hail storm come through, we haven't had rain for a few years and we have never had hail while we have been there.
 |
| At Hoffer lake |
 |
| Hoffer Lake again. |
 |
| At the sign |
 |
| Above Hoffer |
 |
| This was the spot she chose to have her picture taken |
 |
| Waiting out the storm |
 |
| The hail |
I'm so glad we have the time to spend together as a family, I just wish we didn't have to come home to the heat, it is crazy we go from running the heater in the night, to weather so hot that we feel like we are melting in just 2 small hours!! It was another great year of camping and I'm already thinking of what we should do next year.
1 comment:
OH!!! just so its known Ben copied me with the whole climbing rocks not the other way around!!!!!!
Post a Comment