Monday, July 22, 2013

Anderson family campout

This last weekend we were able to spend 4 days with our family camping!! I know big shock that seems to be all we ever do!! This year was a little different, first we went to Anthony Lake this year instead of Unity, and second we had a lot more family come up this year. My Grandpa came up again. Both my uncles and their families came as well. So we had more people which means more fun and lots more visiting and making lots more memories.
Since Jaime's family goes to Anthony Lake every year for their reunion, Jaime and I kind of had an advantage, we knew which hikes were fun and which ones offered the beautiful views. We hiked into Black Lake, Crawfish Lake and we also hiked up to the lookout. We also spent lots of time fishing, swimming in the lake and canoeing. This year I decided to try something new and came up with a game for all the kids to participate in. We did the Amazing Race for the kids, I was pretty nervous as to how it would go, but I thought it went well and after talking to some of the kids it was one of their favorite parts of the camping trip. I really enjoyed watching the teams work together and get their tasks finished. There were a few things that I might change for next year, but I think it is something I will do again. Now I just need to come up with new challenges!!
I always love the chance to get away and enjoy time with family and I can't wait til next year.
Here are LOTS of pictures of the fun we had!!
Grandpa's very first ride in a canoe!!

The kids in the canoe AJ, Brooke, Kylee and Harlee

Kylee, Krystal and Harlee

The boys getting instructions before they go out.

The girls at Black Lake, Krystal, Harlee and Kylee

Harlee cooking dinner

The cup song, Koby, Kylee, Harlee and Krystal

Fishing at Crawfish

View at Crawfish

More fishing

A little wading/fishing

Relaxing

Cooking

Sherrie cooking pancakes

Harlee and the lookout.

Kylee at the lookout

This is as close as I would get to the pole at the lookout.

Geocaching

Geocaching

A view from the lookout with the cache in hand. Kevin, Koby, Sherrie, and Krystal

Us plus Harlee at the lookout.

Travis at the lookout

Amazing race team blue

Amazing race team pink

Amazing race team green

Eating baby food

Cooking a pancake

donut hole walk

Megan

Eating M&M's

Building a vehicle out of marshmallows and twizzlers

All teams busy working


Solving the final clue

Playing games

Chance trying to feed the chipmunk.

1 comment:

3 Men and A Wild Woman said...

We really had a lot of fun Jen. Cant wait until next year for some more fun!!!!!
Thanks Jen
Aunt Heidi