Kylee has spent the past week on trek. She left Monday the 24th at 5:30 a.m. she was so excited to go and I was happy for her, but I knew I would miss her at home. So for the week I got to spend some time with Ben and Brooke, we didn't do much, but we decided to clean and rearrange Kylee's room, well actually I decided we were going to do it. I have always thought that Kylee was a fairly clean kid and her room would be pretty easy to clean, but I was WRONG she is a pack rat, she keeps every little thing she gets all the way down to the box it came in. Needless to say I did some dejunking in her room as well. It took us a full day to clean and rearrange, we also decided to give her the dresser that Ben had been using so she would have a good mirror in her room to get ready at and then I also gave her the bigger t.v. that was in Ben's room. She was very happy to come home and have a little surprise. She was supposed to be home on Friday the 28th at 7:00 a.m. but they got a late start and then had a bus break down, so they didn't show up until around 1:00 p.m., I was glad she was home. I really missed her more than I thought I would, but she had a great time and said she would do it again in a heartbeat. I was amazed to see how much she had changed in the week she was gone, she is still Kylee, but she has a different spirit about her now and I truly love that.
On Saturday the 29th the YW and YM had a temple trip first thing in the morning, so Jaime and I decided that while they were gone we would take Ben and Brooke fishing. It didn't start out very well, so we came home and went to a different spot. We got there around 10:00 and we weren't having much luck, but then Jaime caught one and our luck changed. We had so much fun playing in the river and catching fish. I'll never forget the look on Brooke's face when she finally caught one, she was so happy as she was reeling it in. Ben was having a rough time, he caught one, but then he just couldn't get anymore. Well he and I made a bet and he really started trying, well I caught the first fish and was throwing my little party and not 2 minutes later Ben got one on. He was so excited, his was big enough to keep and he was proud, Jaime told him to hang on to it and get it on the stringer, but the next thing I knew he was all upset and trying to catch his fish with his hands in the water. His fish had wiggled out of his hands and got away. He now is wanting to go back out so he can catch his fish again.
 |
| This is how Brooke helped clean Kylee's room!! |
 |
| Fish on |
 |
| Almost in |
 |
| Got it!! |
 |
| Ben is great to help get the hooks out of the fish, he knows I don't like to touch fish and is always willing to help me. |
 |
| Dad teaching Brooke |
 |
| One of Brooke's fish. |
 |
I got this picture right before he lost it. He was so sad.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment