Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Weekend 2013

As usual we went to Utah to celebrate Memorial Weekend with my family. This year was a little different though, Jaime took Friday off so we were able to leave Friday morning instead of Friday night. So we/I decided we would find a few caches going down this year because we were going during the day. We stopped just outside of Glenn's Ferry and found a cache and didn't stop again until we got to Burley where we got gas and some breakfast. After that I was ready to do some real caching. We started stopping at all the exits that had caches right off the interstate, it was really kind of nice to get out and stretch/race to find the cache. Ben is really good at finding them and he seems to be my competition, well he started getting bored and complaining a lot about stopping, but I wasn't done!! We stopped at a rest area to find one and he was complaining the whole time we were looking and as he found the cache and reached down to grab it a lizard came running out. Well if you know Ben he loves to try and catch lizards, so he handed me the cache and then they (Ben and Kylee) spent the next 15 minutes trying to catch lizards, it was so nice to see him smiling again and after he realized we were in lizard country he was okay with stopping to find a couple more caches before we got to Kevin and Sherrie's.
Trying to catch the lizards

Almost had it.


We spent the next few days visiting with family, eating lots of food, visiting cemeteries and enjoying being with family. On Sunday we were able to sneak away and do some caching with my cousin. It was so much fun to discover some new area that I had never seen before and to see the unique caches that people have come up with, I really want to make a couple of those caches and hopefully I can find the right materials to do it!!
One of the caches I found was at a memorial and it had my Uncle's name on it.


I'm so thankful for the opportunity we had to go visit our family and visit the cemeteries and honor those who have gone before, especially for those who gave their lives for us. Now it is time to start planning my camping trips!!!
Uncle Jeff has won her heart, she loved riding the horses and so did Ben.

It was a LONG weekend and someone was exhausted.

No comments: