So as many of you already know, I have just received a new calling at church. I like to think of myself as fairly reserved unless I am around friends. Well this calling has already required me to get out of my comfort zone. I went out and introduced myself to a young woman in our ward that is not active, I met her mom too, well I invited her to an activity and she came and had a great time, she was excited to be able to come to our other activities. Well she didn't come to church on Sunday, but I figured it was Mother's day, so they were probably out celebrating. Since we had a couple handouts I wanted to get to her I went ahead and went over tonight to talk with her, her spirits weren't the same, she told me she can't come on trek with us and it didn't seem like a choice she had made, it felt like it was a choice made by someone else. So I gave her the handouts and reminded her we would love to have her come, but I already feel like I am losing someone that really wants to be there. I guess now I'm stuck because I don't know what to do next, I guess I'll just stay in touch and make sure she knows we still want her to be with us.
However I was able to visit another young woman and her mother tonight (well mostly the mother) and it was a great conversation, she let me know some of the concerns she has about her daughter and how she wants to do whatever it takes to support her daughter. So I guess the good and bad come together, I just wish the bad didn't way so heavily on my shoulders.
So as my comfort zone is changing quickly so is my heart. I am so worried about these girls and I never realized I could feel this strongly for other peoples kids. As I start this new chapter in my life I have a feeling it is going to be full of ups and downs, but I know that I will be able to handle all the curves that are thrown in my direction. I just need to have faith and know that things happen for a reason, I just hope I have more ups than downs!!
No comments:
Post a Comment