Thursday, February 7, 2013

Resolutions Update

Okay I admit I'm usually really bad at keeping resolutions, but this year I really want to make it work. So I'm going to try and update how our resolutions are going. So far we are doing pretty well. We have been eating dinner as a family at the table which has really been fun, the kids are starting to talk more while we are eating and it is so fun to listen to how there days at school were and what they are looking forward to. We have started reading the Book of Mormon right after we eat, and we have figured out that seems to work pretty good, there are some days that we just don't get it done, but for the most part we feel we are doing really well and it has been fun to see the kids start to read more versus on their own without us having to tell them to keep reading. I really think it is helping Ben with his confidence in reading and we all know he needs to build his confidence. We tried taking a family fishing trip at the first of the year, which didn't turn out very well, but we are all trying to decide when to take our next trip...maybe Saturday!! As for geocaching, I haven't made anyone go caching yet, but it is still early in the year and I am really starting to get the bug, I think I'm getting tired of being cooped up in the house. We haven't gone on any hikes yet and to be honest, until it warms up and the snow melts, I don't plan on taking too many hikes. Our family home evenings are very much alive, in fact the kids are always asking if they can be to ones to give the lesson. Brooke gave her first lesson on having faith (a lesson I gave a long time ago that she had been dying to do again) so she got a pot and planted a seed. Now I didn't think it would grow, but Brooke's faith is stronger than mine because her little plant is alive and well in fact in probably a month and a half we should have some peas if it keeps growing!! It has been fun to really work on spending the time as a family and I have seen my relationship with my kids grow. I have allowed the kids to exercise with me after school this week and it is fun to work out with them, they don't judge me, but they do a great job of keeping me on track and pushing me to do more. In fact  tonight I exercised while the kids were all out playing and Brooke came up to me this evening and questioned me as to whether or not I had done my exercises, I think she will be keeping me on track. I can say I have honestly loved the resolutions we have set this year and I'm excited to be able to watch our family grow closer together.

No comments: