Saturday, March 31, 2012

Trip #2 in 2012

Since it is spring break and we didn't go anywhere, we decided to take a day trip to Phillip Lake. Luckily the weather wasn't too bad, just really windy, so we were able to have some fun. Of course we went caching and if it wouldn't have been so windy we would have done a little hiking, but I guess now I have a reason to go back. We found all the caches we went looking for, plus some that we hadn't planned on finding, so that is a double plus for us!!
We drove around to the backside of the lake and found some nice camping areas and then we went exploring on a couple of roads, we would have gone farther, but the snow got in the way. We tried fishing, but it is really hard to fish in the wind. But still a great day to be together as a family.
First cache

Playing on the bridge

Brooke

They love the camera

Ben's "I'm too cool look"

Look at the snow.

Another view

Trying out the new pole.

1 comment:

Kim A. Hodges said...

I'm loving Ben's 'too cool' look. Normally you get the weird faces with the tongue sticking out! :)