Ben is always getting after me to let him play sports, but with him I am always a little hesitant because he always says he wants to play, but once we get him signed up and he starts he kind of just stands around and watches the crowd, which makes me angry because first of all I'm a very competitive person and I want him to be competitive also and second because we have forked out the money for him to play and all he wants to do is stand there. So I went ahead and signed him up, hoping that this year he would be more aggressive and show some signs of enjoying the game. After his first practice he seemed pretty excited to play, but then once we showed up to his first game he was either nervous or decided he would rather watch the crowd. So after a few talks I finally convinced him to start playing a little better (I actually told him if he didn't start playing better he couldn't go for bike rides), I think it helped because he started paying attention and he put forth more effort in the game. He played a lot of defense which didn't bother me at all, but he was able to make a couple of catches this year and go for a couple of runs. He was really proud of the way he played, I thought he could have done better, but I guess I just need to lower my expectations for my kids and let them enjoy playing the sports they choose to play.
 |
| Ready position. |
 |
| Ready, Set, Hike. |
 |
| Checking out the crowd!! |
Now that football is over he can go back to enjoying the sports he really loves: bike riding, shooting his bow and of course fishing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment