Well the time has come again to send the kids out the door and back to school, well I guess I don't send them out the door, because they have to ride with me to school, but I do make them go!! Kylee started on Monday and is in the 6th grade this year. This is the first year that she has more than 1 teacher and a locker. She was pretty nervous the first day, but she came home excited about how the year is going to be and has been excited everyday to go to school. She is really excited to be able to take band this year, she has always seen me play my horn (mostly waking them up in the mornings, lots of fun) and she decided she wanted to play the trumpet (talk about a proud mom). So Tuesday after school we went and got her a trumpet and she can't wait for school on Monday so she can take it and start learning to play. I'm afraid I'm going to get a taste of what my parents went through when I was learning to play, but I'm thinking that while she is practicing, I might sneak out for a bike ride. I really hope her excitement lasts all year and that she has a great year.
Ben started 3rd grade this year. He still seems to short to be in 3rd grade, but he was ready to go back and see his friends. His teacher has high expectations of her students this year and so we are really trying to get him to take some responsibility and make sure he gets everything done. I'm hoping his year goes great, I really wish I could be working at his school so I could see him like I see Kylee, but I always love watching him walk to my school and come up to me with a big grin and a big hug. Such a great boy and I think he will have a great year.
Brooke is still in "Cindy" school. She has 1 more year before she can go to kindergarten and it is killing her!! We had to buy her some school supplies this year (I only got the really cheap ones for her), and she has already started working hard with Cindy. I'm so glad we have such a wonderful babysitter that loves our children and wants the best for them!! I'm pretty sure she will have a great year filled with kitties, turtles, dogs and of course playing!!
Since the kids started school on different days this year I decided to take their pictures on Ben's first day. As you can tell he was quite excited to get going and was totally full of himself.
 |
| All three of them. |
 |
| I told you he was full of himself. |
 |
| Trying to be like Ben. |
 |
| My big middle schooler. |
No comments:
Post a Comment