Friday, May 27, 2011

You never know....

if they are really listening until something really neat happens. Brooke goes to Cindy's everyday and she always seems to open her mouth and say some of the funniest things while she is at Cindy's. Well the other day Cindy was talking to somebody about dogs (Cindy also grooms dogs) and of course somehow Brooke is allowed to join in the conversation. Well Brooke starts talking about Bridgette. Bridgette is Cindy's dog who recently died, but Brooke loved her very much. So back to the story, Brooke was telling the man that she had died. The man told Brooke, well she is in doggy heaven. To which Brooke replied "No she is not, she is in heaven with Grandma Higley and Jesus Christ." The man looked at her and asked how she knew that, to which she replied "Because I have a testimony of Jesus Christ and I Am a Child of God." He looked at her a little shocked and she finished by saying "and you have no clue." So as a parent I am proud that she is actually listening to some of the stuff we say, but I guess I better not be teaching her anything bad!!

1 comment:

atkernsfam said...

It's always uplifting when something like this happens. As parents we think, "Yeah!! We're doing something right!" Great job!