Monday, June 14, 2010

Ironside

We were invited to go up to Ironside this last weekend to camp with Jaime's cousin Randy and his family. I hadn't been to the cabin since they were building it, so it was fun to go see the finished product (I forgot to take a picture). We had such a great time, Ben learned to ride a motorcycle and a 4-wheeler (both were little ones) and he now thinks he needs one. Kylee learned to drive the big 4-wheeler and then there is Brooke, she decided she wanted to drive also, so while Jaime was opening a gate for us to go through she decided to gun it on his 4-wheeler. It was so funny to see the look on Jaime's face, and then Brooke turned around and looked at me scared to death, but she learned her lesson.
Ben learning to ride the motorcycle.

Kylee on the 4-wheeler

We also went out shooting ground squirrels and I was just enjoying the ride and watching the guys shoot, however Jaime wanted to give me a chance to shoot, well I haven't shot a gun in years, but I took his gun and on my 2nd shot I nailed a ground squirrel. I was excited, but I think I made Jaime proud and now they are talking that I really need to go hunting with them.
We are so glad we had the chance to go and spend the time with some family members we don't get to do much with and hopefully we will be able to start spending more time with them.

Waiting for Dad!

Check out our dirty faces!!
A view of the area!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Looks like you had a great time. Too bad you couldn't stay for a week. Just think of how much fun you would have had. As for the dirty faces, Brooke doesn't need to be very far from home to get one of those.